Saturday, December 15, 2007

Take me down the the Paradise City

We packed our bags for Florida and my brother-in-law, James, told us to only pack shorts.  It was a little hard to believe, but we figured he knew what he was talking about.  We landed at the Fort Myers Airport at 11:30 and it was about 75 degrees. That's a bit of a shock considering there were snow flurries in Portland, and it was about 12 degrees when we stopped over in Denver.  It's been over 80 every day.  The picture above was from our table at the Naples Beach Club where we ate dinner a couple nights ago.  We enjoyed a great meal while watching the sun set over the Gulf of Mexico.

It's been a fabulous week, but I think we're all ready to head home.  Today is graduation day for my sister-in-law, Marty.  We'll be partying with family all day at James and Marty's place.  We started roasting a whole pig last night and it should be done in a couple of hours.  (I'll post pics of that when I get a chance...totally disgusting).  We head home tomorrow. I'll plan on wearing my jeans.

1 comment:

Chris and Sarah said...

Sounds like a fun, pig-filled getaway! Glad you guys could take a trip together. By the way, my friends used to dig the big pit in their back yard and roast a pig every 4th of July - with a big apple jammed in its mouth. Kinda didn't put me in the patriotic spirit. Welcome back!